Terada Guitar Fan Club

whooper

Terada Guitar Fan Club

Messaggio da whooper » lun 21 dic 2009, 05:44

Dear all,

It is my great pleasure to inform you of an establishment of the Terada Guitar Fan Club. Terada is one of old guitar manufacturers in Japan. They started the production in 50' and have survived till now. I knew Terada classical guitars live in the U.S., U.K, and Milano. Recenly, I got a vintage one produced by the Founder, Hikozo Terada.
Terada-1.jpg
Terada-4.jpg
Terada-3.jpg
Terada-5.jpg
Terada-8.jpg
Terada-9.jpg
Terada-10.jpg
As you see, she is severely damaged. It looks that the owner hammered down the neck trying to take it off. Why? Awful, cruel, beyond my imagination. I want this to be restored. I have sent a letter and a set of images to the producer. They don't produce classical models any more, however, they will be surprised to meet their lost child.

I will let you know of her future story.

Kindest regards
Whooper
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.

Tarbaby

Re: Terada Guitar Fan Club

Messaggio da Tarbaby » mer 23 dic 2009, 08:10

You certainly know about guitars, Whooper-san! :D

Thank you for the lovely photos. I've never seen a back like that! Very beautiful.

What year is this guitar from?

Alan

whooper

Messaggio da whooper » mer 23 dic 2009, 15:57

Hi Alan-san,

Very sorry, without you permission, I opened up this thread. Maple was used in 50' - 70' for so-so classical guitars in Japan. My KONO 1956 (Maestro Masaru Kohno had labeled KONO till mid 1960') has curly maple body and back. Terada started from a classical model in 50' so I guess maybe a half-century back. I will let you know of her identity when I hear from her birth palce.

For your reference, here is my Kono 1956 of which I bought in a net acution two years ago. She was shabby and damaged. She has a beautiful tiger pattern, curly maple.
7.jpg
Here is her first song "Sad tune" with me.

http://www.box.net/shared/dn8z0qqta1

I asked Maestro Masaki Sakurai, successor of the worldly famous Kohno factory, to fix her back. She came back in a good shape. I asked her 2nd surgery. She is now under overhauling in her birth place.

I wish my Terada has a similar medicare by her family members.

Have a nice holiday season :bye:
Whooper
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.

gian667

Messaggio da gian667 » gio 24 dic 2009, 13:26

wow whooper-san

you made it ! I will post my terada guitar pictures here in the next days (should have some time, thanks to these holidays)

have a nice holiday ! :noel:

whooper

Messaggio da whooper » ven 25 dic 2009, 02:55

Hi, here comes a gospel. I got an official notice from the Terada Guitar Manufacturing informing me of her health check. She will depart early next year for her birth place.

Kindest regards
Whooper

Joseph Krygier

Messaggio da Joseph Krygier » gio 31 dic 2009, 20:58

That is a nice job of parenting. Happy New Year to all.

whooper

Messaggio da whooper » sab 09 gen 2010, 12:38

Happy New Year dear all,

My vintage Terada can be restored at about US$450, the vendor replied. Also mine was produced around 1960. Then their highest model cost Yen 12,000. Mine was next at Yen 10,000. A half century ago it was a fairy good price.

Gian667-san: They reported "El Torres" brand was handled by a trading firm in Tokyo around 1970. It cost Yen 10,000. so so good value.

Mine comes back in two months. I look forward to her rebirth.

Regards
Whooper

Matt Molloy

Messaggio da Matt Molloy » sab 09 gen 2010, 23:30

Hi Whooper,

My Dad has an old Terada steel string that he's been playing for over 20 years. I very rarely come across them at all but his has served him well all this time. Lovely sounding too.

Hope you enjoy the new lease of life that yours will undoubtably have. Love the maple on that back.

Cheers,

Matt.

whooper

Messaggio da whooper » dom 10 gen 2010, 02:36

Hi Matt-san,

Thank you for your words. Terada has produced lots of kinds for over a half century. Your father is an honorable member here.

Kindest regards
Whooper

Matt Molloy

Messaggio da Matt Molloy » dom 10 gen 2010, 02:58

whooper ha scritto:Hi Matt-san,

Thank you for your words. Terada has produced lots of kinds for over a half century. Your father is an honorable member here.

Kindest regards
Whooper
Hi Whooper-san,

Domo arigato gozaimashita. Will let my father know. :wink:

Cheers,

Matt. (Classical Guitarist and Kendoka).

gian667

Messaggio da gian667 » dom 10 gen 2010, 21:42

Hello Whooper-san

nice to hear from you again ! (btw: happy new year :noel: )

thank you once more for the info about the terada - el torres connection !

:bye:

Lorette

Messaggio da Lorette » dom 24 gen 2010, 06:49

May I join the Club?

I have a vintage Terada that dates back to 1962. The wood isn't as beautiful as Whooper-san's, but it does have a full rich sound. I love my Terada

Lorette :ouioui:

whooper

Messaggio da whooper » lun 25 gen 2010, 06:15

Hi Lorette neh san,

Very glad to welcome you here! When I knew your Terada frist, I was quite astonished. I look forward to seeing our club expand over the oceans and beyond national borders.

Have a nice day :okok:
Whooper

whooper

Messaggio da whooper » gio 04 mar 2010, 00:58

Dear all,

Has spring come near you? So-so in Tokyo Would you join in our club? In a Japanese net auction, a G 60 vintage model is on sale at a junk price, Yen 1,000, approx. US$ 11. She looks pretty good in shape. She was born around 1960. I will buy, tune her up, and ship on an actual cost basis for you. Me? I have already two vintages. :lol:

Have a nice day :bye:
Whooper
Terada G-60.jpg
Terada G-60-1.jpg
Terada G-60-2.jpg

Tarbaby

Messaggio da Tarbaby » sab 06 mar 2010, 00:11

Eleven dollars?!?! :shock:

The shipping will cost more than that! Congratulations, Whooper-san!

:bravo:

Alan

Torna a “English”